Luisa Via Roma Banner

Thursday, December 1, 2011


Tired winter skin? Dark circles? Thought so. 

Time to whip your winter skin into shape. These are my top recommendations for skin that's a bit fed up:
1. Lipbalms: I have about 10 around my house, in my car, in my bag, coat pockets you name it. I'm a sucker for Smith's Rosebud Salve but By Terry's Baume de Rose is hands down my favourite. Remember lips need exfoliations too, try one of Lush's sugar scrubs which you can lick off. Its a special treat when you're on a no sugar diet.

2. Exfoliator: I like to get microdermabrasion once a month to keep my skin glowy and fresh however in between it's important to exfoliate. Be careful of drugstore exfoliators as they can be too rough on your skin, Kiehl's have a great pineapple and papaya one.

3. Cleansing: In winter I like to use a cleansing oil. This may shock people with oily or acne prone skin but it's perfectly safe as long as it's not too thick. My hands down favourite is the Boscia Makeup Breakup cleansing oil. 

4. Moisturiser: I've started using a night serum from Olay which really does work wonders, you wake up with a glow. During the day I've returned back to the cult favourite Embriolysse. It's light, gentle and does the job. Somehow the French are always right.

5. Masks: Two masks save my life, first is the Bliss Triple Oxygen foaming mask which is extra fun if you're planning on scaring your neighbours. The second is my HOLY GRAIL of all masks, the Eve Lom rescue mask which is a medicine cabinet essential.

I can't recommend eye creams right now because the one that I'm using burns my eyes and gives me circles. If anyone is looking for an eye cream that makes your eyes feel like they're being barbecued I'd be happy to help!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment