Luisa Via Roma Banner

Thursday, August 30, 2012


I often get asked about what makeup I use, especially what I use on my face. I'm hopeless at eye makeup but I seem to have nailed getting a flawless face with minimal coverage.

I'm lucky to have pretty good skin apart from the occasional break out which causes me to lock myself away in my room and catch up on missed episodes of Lost. 

Day to day I generally don't wear makeup especially if I'm going to the gym. The only women that wear makeup to the gym are there to pick up a sweaty banker or bat their eyelids at a much younger personal trainer (don't think I haven't noticed). However, when I do decide that I want to look presentable I have three holy grail face products. 

1. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer 
This is the best primer that I've ever used and if you're planning on keeping your makeup on for more than a few hours, sweating, not melting and looking fresh then you need this.

2. Hourglass Illusion Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser
I never use full coverage foundations. Only use something heavy if you REALLY need it. As far as tinted moisturisers go this is one of my favourites (along with Chanticalle and By Terry) as it's incredibly light but makes enough of a difference to brighten up your skin.

3. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
This puppy is my secret weapon for tired eyes. Even if you've been out all night, this will keep you looking fighting fresh for the agonising day ahead (Aspirin UPSA from French pharmacies is my best hangover cure).

What are you beauty must haves for a flawless face?

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment