Luisa Via Roma Banner

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Firstly I wanted to start by apologising for the lack of posts of late. I was indisposed for the majority of the weekend due to my best friends hen party which we staged in Paris. Between delusions that we were members of a rock band and having a food fight in a highly reputable hotel which resulted in a hefty repairs bill and lunching on Avenue Montaigne watching herds of super models and fashion followers I had little time to blog.

I have something delicious to make up for it; a close friend of mine Noor Breish has agreed to answer some questions on her style. I have long admired Noor's unique, classic but eclectic sense of style which is effortless and completely natural to her. She also possesses a job at Luisa Via Roma in Florence which can't hurt her wardrobe.

Here are her thoughts.

Jumpsuit - H&M (mentioned below)
Necklace - Van Cleef & Arpels
Panama hat - Her fathers wardrobe

How would you describe your style?
I don’t think I have one particular style. I love waking up and dressing for the day and then again for the evening. Sometimes I even change for lunch. It really depends on what I have planned. If I’m with the family, I opt for the classy look, If I’m at work I’m a lot more style/trend focused which I love especially because I work for a fashion company. If I’m going for a bike ride with my father, I transform into a biker chick and so on. I guess I like to dress for the occasion so you never know with me. I must say though, my father looks pretty cool on the bike. He should be a style icon on his own!

What do you love about Florentine street style?
The Florentines have a different style to what I’ve seen before. It’s my parents generation that are mostly glammed up. The younger generations have an artisian/renaissance twist adapted to the modern trends of today. The town is quite historic, very provincial and has a lot of aristocratic attributes to it which you definitely see in the look of a stylish Florentine. 

Dress - Nicole Farhi

Who are your favourite designers?
My favorite designers of the moment are Cobra Society, Christian Siriano, Isabel Marant and Ulyana Sergeenko. For jewellery it’s LeiVanKash and MyNaIsLa without a doubt!

What are your holy grail beauty products?
Liz Earle! The entire cleansing process. I won't go a day or night without it!

Who or what influences your style?
I love flicking through album pictures of my mother when she was younger. I’ve even created a mood board once and used it as inspiration for something I was working on at work. She has a great fashion sense and usually plays a big role for many of my fashion decisions. I also love the style of Camilla Belle, Diane Kruger, Kate Bosworth and more recently my style obsession of the moment has become Kasia Smutniak.

5 pieces in your wardrobe that you can't live without
My grey Chanel Ankle boots I bought last winter, a vintage coin changed necklace I found in Portobello market that I wear almost all the time, my ivory H&M jumpsuit from 3 years ago, a grey scallop trimmed mink I also found in Portobello road which does the job perfectly in keeping me warm in winter, and actually another H&M garment- my pistachio green oversized dress.

Dress - Zara
Boots - Chanel (see answer above)
Clutch - Chanel
Necklace - vintage from Rome
Ring - Roberto Cavalli

Where are your favourite travel destinations?
Bari , Bellagio, Leptus Magna in Libya and Sao Paolo. I still have so many destinations I want to experience! I think traveling is one of the best ways to learn about something, be it culture, food, music, art and so on. 

What are your key must-haves?
Anick Goutal’s Violet perfume in the winter and Jasmine in the summer. Those are my favourite scents and also my favourite flowers. My Christian Louboutin nude patent peeptoe pumps as they just go with everything and a French manicure on my hands with red on my feet. 


Dress - DVF

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment