Luisa Via Roma Banner

Wednesday, June 5, 2013


There's nothing I love more than pampering myself. However it is possible to go overboard (daily blow dries, fake eyelashes for brunch, weekly shimmery spray tans, clip in extensions to the gym). One thing I always make sure of is to have neat looking nails, even unpolished nails look better with tidy cuticles.

I was reluctant to post on my favourite nail polishes because there's generally only a handful of colours that will be on my hands (nude, light pink, red or deep red) however I wanted to elaborate on my favourite tried and tested colours for spring and summer.


(L-R) Orly's Kiss the Bride is the perfect light pink which is beautifully milky but nude enough not to make a statement.

Essie Sand Tropez, Topless and Barefoot (not pictured) and OPI Samoan Sand are the best nudes for 'mannequin nails' that go with absolutely everything.

Chanel Peridot reminds me of a scarab beetle. It's so hard to explain the colour, in some light (including this picture) it appears gold, it can also appear metallic green and blue.

Finally for red, Jelly Apple by Essie is the truest, brightest, most vibrant red that I've ever come across. I love wearing this on my hands and toes together.


Today I picked up Chanel's latest colour Azure. Like Peridot the colours change in the light creating a magical painters palette on your nails. This will be firmly lacquered on my toes over summer and makes a beautiful pairing with an understated nude nail.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment