Luisa Via Roma Banner

Wednesday, August 14, 2013


I have been promising to do a post on my travel makeup ever since the birth of SLSStyle.

I'm sure I'll end up doing a few of these because different occasions call for different products. The above spread is what I bring with me to California on my family holidays. I generally don't wear any makeup but when it's time to wear proper shoes and brush my hair I like to look vaguely presentable.

Here is what I travel with:

1. Make Up Forever 5 Camouflage Cream Palette (in No.2)
This is the best thing since sliced bread. There are enough colours to cover dark circles, pimples or even a little sunburn. You can mix these to create the perfect colour which is a godsend when you're spending time in the sun. A little goes a long way so it will last you forever.
Find it here.

2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (in Luminous Light)
This is a beautiful veil which instantly brightens up the skin and blurs out imperfections. Just beware not to overdo this; it can take you from glowy and radiant to looking like you've got two layers of olive oil smothered on your skin.
Find it here.

3. Chanel Style Eyeshadow (in Moon River)
This is the wash of colour for your eyes, paired with a slick of liquid liner and a few coats of mascara you look perfectly done in under a minute. This (as all good things) is limited edition and I can't seem to track it down anywhere; keep your eyes peeled in Duty Free.

4. Milani Eyetech Liquid Eyeliner (in Black)
I mentioned this in a previous post on what to buy from American drug stores. I stand by this and wear this religiously. It's easy to work with and is the darkest black I've come across. Best of all it's cheap as chips.
Find it here.

5. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (in 40)
This is an incredibly light foundation with SPF 15 which can be built up if you prefer a higher coverage. I love this because it feels weightless on your skin and gives you a natural glow like you've just had a facial with Eve Lom herself.
Find it here.

6. Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel (in Granite)
Since I've got incredibly thick (and often unpredictable) eyebrows I never leave the house without these. Even if I'm barefaced for the day I generally always have this on to keep everything where it's supposed to be.
Find it here.

7. YSL & Chanel Cream Blush 
There's nothing prettier than a flushed cheek in summer and spring. YSL and Chanel are my favourites, they're light as air and go smoothly on your skin. My favourite YSL colour is a bright neon pink colour (sadly it's a limited edition colour from last summer). Chanel has just released a great selection of cream blushes which are all as fabulous as the other.
Find them here and here.

8. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine & Georgio Armani Rouge D'Armani Lipsticks
These are the best lipsticks on the market; they're hydrating and light and don't need constant retouching. I go for berry shades which create plumper bitten looking lips. It's also imperative to  travel with a good nude (Chanel's Evasion is perfection).
Find them here and here.

9. MAC Eyeshadow Quad
I picked these four colours for a palette that fills all my needs; the brown can be used to fill in my eyebrows (Cork), a light colour to highlight my brow bone (Phloof!) and two shimmery browns to create a day to night look (All that Glitters & Tempting). You can pick your own four colours and have a palette made which is perfect for travel.
Find the huge selection of eyeshadows here.

10. Highlighting Stick
As this product is pretty old the labels have all worn off. This is a beautiful pearlescent highlighting stick. A similar product is the Nars Multiple in Copacabana. This can be dotted onto cheekbones, brow bones, cupids bow and even collar bones for a beautiful dewy finish.
Find it here.

I hope that this was helpful; it goes to show that a little goes a long way and there's no need to lug your entire makeup collection on trips and end up paying a hefty find in overweight baggage (this is directed at you EasyJet).

Any other recommendations would be welcome! 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment