Luisa Via Roma Banner

Tuesday, October 16, 2012



My best friend in the world had her civil wedding ceremony this weekend. It was every bit as elegant as I would have imagined. Her column-like Dior dress would have made Jackie O green with envy.

Since I very rarely wear such bright colours, I couldn't think of a better time to wear this tomato red Gucci chiffon dress that my mother bought me for my birthday in February. I could easily imagine Ginger Rogers dancing around a mirror lined room with Fred Astaire in this (perhaps without the Charlotte Olympia Dolly heels that I'm wearing). True to the old-Hollywood theme I matched my nails with my bright red dress, it would have been a pity not to. I topped it off with my trusty Andrew Gn fur jacket and a (matching) red Valentino Rockstud clutch.

(Excuse the messy room, getting ready for such an occasion calls for drastic measures)


Finally I had to share my fellow bridesmaids amazing Alaia pencil skirt (which she matched with a Nina Ricci lace blouse and a Joseph fur collared coat). 

What a glorious day!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment