Luisa Via Roma Banner

Monday, October 22, 2012

So I'm fairly certain that I've had one (or two) male readers check my blog once in a blue moon. It wasn't easy thinking of who to interview about mens style, quirky and frivolous is often championed over classic tailoring with impeccable details.

Mohammed Al Turki is a film producer and has more air miles than the entire Virgin Atlantic cabin crew. Having studied with Mohammed I have long appreciated his simplistic approach with dressing. He chooses beautifully made pieces and old-Hollywood tailoring over the youthful tat which we are bombarded with on a daily basis. Here are a few of his style and jet-set tips.


How would you describe your style?
I’m perceived as classic. Which is fairly accurate, but every now and then I’ll try to start my own personal trend.


What are you must have items for long distance flights?
My Berlutti briefcase, a carry on bag it varies between my LV, Gucci or Prada bag. My Goyard toiletry kit. An Hermes Cashmere scarf. Eye drops, lip saver. My macbook and my Dr.Dre beats headphones.


Who are your favourite designers?
Tom Ford, Brioni ,Dolce and Gabanna, Giorgio Armani and Zegna



What are your holy grail grooming products?
Acqua di Parma’s shampoo, shower gel, shaving cream and aftershave. As well I’m a huge fan of Espa products they have the best shave mud.

In the perfumes department no one can beat Tom Ford.



Who or what influences your style?
I’m comfortable in my style and I’m certainly no brand snob. I’ll wear whatever I think is cool, whether its from top fashion houses to humble bazaars, markets or tailor made.


5 pieces in your wardrobe you couldn't live without
My Nike sweats , my converse shoes, my black cashmere hoody, my Seven jeans and Calvin Klien t-shirts.

Seen here with the beautiful Cara Delegivne and Roberto Cavalli.

What are your favourite travel destinations?
For the summer : St.Tropez , Ibiza and Porto Cervo.

For the winter: St.Moritz , Courchevel and St.Barths.



I love to go to new destinations went to Bali last year and loved it. I also liked the Maldives.



What are you evening wear essentials?

A Suit Jacket , a shirt , dark pair of jeans or trousers and a scarf.




What are you top 5 pieces for fall/winter 2012?

1- The new Cutler and Gross sunglasses collection.
2- The new colours for the Goyard card holders.
3- Dolce and Gabanna leather jackets.
4- Tom Ford velvet slippers.
5- Christian Louboutin black on black studded shoes.




Where are your favourite places to shop?

In NYC : Barneys New York , Bergdorf Goodman.
In Paris: Avenue Montaigne.
In London: Harrods and Sloane Street.
In the Middle East: Fashion Avenue at Dubai Mall.






Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment