Luisa Via Roma Banner

Saturday, September 14, 2013


I am becoming a bit of a perfume hoarder. I've discovered myself browsing artisanal perfume shops as a hobby smelling concoctions from perfumeries unknown. I remember how upset I was when my 'signature' scent was in fact on the bathroom shelf of 90% of Year 7 (I'm fairly certain that everyone reading this wore Angel at some point in their life). I vowed that I would never wear a generic perfume that was a dime a dozen.

Grossmith London is an age old perfumer which is sold in my favourite little perfume store, Les Senteurs on Elizabeth Street (visit their online shop here). My mother recently bought me Betrothal (clearly something to do with my recent engagement). This perfume was first created in 1893 for George V and Queen Mary (who doesn't love a bit of history). This is a complex scent that's floral, powdery, crisp and heady at once. With rose de Mai, jasmine, neroli, ylang ylang, ceder, sandal, vanilla and vetiver it really is quite spectacular and a definite contender for my wedding perfume (find it here).

This makes a beautiful addition to any vanity, with a gorgeous Art Nouveau bottle and white ornate leather box and was the most wonderful gift to open.




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I love your style. I would love you to do a closet tour or post more of your own outfits, you always ooze style in your photographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm just waiting to get my camera fixed and I'll have some much more frequent outfit posts up soon!

      Delete