Luisa Via Roma Banner

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I often get asked the secret to my skin. Whilst I've luckily never had a huge problem with my skin there are tricks to make it look airbrushed and dramatically increase those jealous gazes from other women.

The key to glowing skin is what you put into your body. Drinking lots of water and avoiding processed foods and drinks is essential. I also believe in taking (a few) supplements to support beautiful skin, boost the immune system and promote a healthy and succinct system (post to follow).

In this first post I'm going to break down my skin care. Your skin care is the foundation to beautiful skin; no amount of makeup can mask unhealthy and sallow looking skin. It's important to realise that what may work for me may not work for everyone else; skin care is really about trial and error to find out what works best for you and your needs.

First and foremost it's important to make sure that your skin is completely clean every morning and evening before bed. I make sure that I remove the majority of my makeup with Bioderma (if you have stubborn eye makeup on, I soak a cotton pad in coconut oil and it melts off).


After this I soak my face in warm water and slather on a little cleanser (I'm currently using La Prarie however any gentle cleanser does the job. Just remember that inexpensive drug store cleansers may strip the skin as their ingredients can often be harsh). A few times a week I'll use my Clarisonic to really deep clean my face and gently exfoliate.

Following this I pat my skin dry (never rub it as you'll pull your skin) and spritz on a little Caudalie Beauty Elixir to get my skin ready for the lotions and potions that follow.


The next step differs depending on the time of year, time of day or any skin care woes I may have (dry skin, sensitive skin, blemishes). In the morning I will generally apply a very light moisturiser as I have incredibly sensitive skin (I'm using Embryolisse). At night during the winter I will use a little La Mer Radiant Serum, once this has been soaked in I'll pat on a little facial oil or a light cream. This serum evens skin tone and injects much needed nutrients which are soaked up overnight.

Following this I always make sure that I apply eye cream. I'm currently using La Mer Eye Balm Intense which is applied with a cooling applicator which gently glides the product around your eyes.
Other than this I make sure to use weekly masks (again this varies depending on my skins needs) and I exfoliate every other day. 

I do my very best not to pick at my skin (which I know is virtually impossible not to do) however when you're feeling a bit clogged up soak a washcloth in hot water and hold it over your face. If you're looking for a squeaky clean feeling then squeeze a lemon onto your washcloth and press it against your face.




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment