Luisa Via Roma Banner

Saturday, April 6, 2013

I'm still trying to figure out why I wasn't born with Candice Swanepoel's body. Whilst I can get irritated until I'm blue in the face that my posterior isn't something googled every few seconds I've decided to do everything humanly possible to get it looking a little better with summer fast approaching.

I have recently cut out all sugar and anything white from my diet. Dairy is next on my hit list but I find if you load on unrealistic expectations it becomes...unrealistic to maintain.

I will gladly admit that I have a slightly concerning addiction to pasta. I love it, ravioli, spaghetti, penne heck I'll even have a bowl or ten two of gnocchi once in a while and it has to be loaded in sauce.

I tried gluten free pasta, whole wheat pasta, rice pasta and they all taste like cardboard and are filled with nasties so I decided to create something slightly less exciting but equally as hearty.

Firstly I grate up 3 courgettes (butternut squash works too) which will serve two. This will be your 'pasta'


After that I put half a teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan on a low heat and stir in my courgette. It's important to keep the oil as minimal as possible as the courgette will become soggy. 

Instead of using salt I've been using a little kelp. If this is too Birkenstock-wearing-yoga-instructor-esque sea salt works fine. 


Now the fun part; you can add anything you like to your 'pasta' base. I've cooked this with sliced mozzarella with cherry tomatoes, peas and a little tuna and even chunks of chicken.

Today I decided to add some prawns which I added to the pan and cooked until they were nicely pink.


After this I stirred in some fresh tomato and basil pasta sauce. You can always add a sprinkling of parmesan on top to really turn this into the most pasta-like dish possible.

There are endless possibilities but it doesn't stop this from becoming an easy, quick and healthy alternative for something that will definitely get your posterior a little more attention.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment